homestead - Re: [Homestead] Not so fast

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Not so fast
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:30:51 -0400

I'm sorry for your situation, Don, and hope there is a silver lining to be
found.

Last Wed. we rec'd a phone call from our live-in person's parents, they are
strongly considering moving him to a group home after he's lived w/ us
nearly 4 years. What's shocking (to us) is that we had 3 meetings in
March--with the entire team--to discuss everything and sign paperwork for
the new service year that began April 1.

This Monday afternoon they'll pick up J for the visit to the group home that
has a vacancy. Hopefully we'll get to discuss J's possible continued
placement w/ us. They are his guardians and have final say, even if he
doesn't want to go. He has mild mental retardation (now called an
intellectual disability), and is capable of knowing his own preferences.

If his parents don't change their mind, we'll be unemployed shortly.

We attend a Chinese medicine clinic, they state that this is the Year of the
Tiger and strange, unexpected things happen. Yay.

Lisa