homestead - Re: [Homestead] Challenge

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Challenge
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:32:56 EDT

The main difference and the thing that holds us back is what the Dems
refuse to address and that is Tort reform. French doctors don't fear being
sued every time they make a diagnosis. If we can take the lawyers out
of the mix we can solve a bunch of the health care problems quite easily.
I have French doctors as friends and there is also much they envy of our
system, so it is far from perfect in their world either.

We can't update our medical records systems to the level they would like
as that is where most evidence that later appears in court comes from.
Face it, as long as the doctors, hospitals and insurers are on the
defensive,
we will not be able to make certain advances.

Drew

In a message dated 3/29/2010 2:06:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,