homestead - Re: [Homestead] Challenge

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Challenge
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:53:41 -0400

> In Canada or France or GB or Japan this would not be an issue, it
> would not come up. Health care is like fire protection or police,
> it's something the society does.

That's right, everyone is covered. A strong public option would have
been the closest we could have hoped for in this country. That's where
they dropped the ball on the healthcare reform legislation.

When I worked for AT&T, the people I managed were long term
contractors. No health coverage was the main complaint they had. In
Germany, France, UK, the workers doing the same contract job didn't
even seem to understand the complaint of the workers here. They don't
get the link between a job and health care insurance.

Rob - Va