homestead - Re: [Homestead] pears

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] pears
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 09:35:50 -0500

Bev,

Check out this site:

http://www.vintagevirginiaapples.com/

This is the place where I took the grafting workshop last winter.They have
tons and tons of old and newer apple varieties. They are also carrying pears
now. Click on Fruit for descriptions and Catalog for listings of what they
have.

I might take the pruning workshop this winter and if I do, I might bring
home an Atlantic Queen or Jim Pile pear.

If you find any old pear trees on homesteads around you that have great
pears, let me know. If you can get scion wood this winter, I'm looking to do
some grafting of old pear varieties.

Rob - Va