homestead - Re: [Homestead] Two stories about Obama and leadership

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Two stories about Obama and leadership
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:14:06 -0700 (PDT)

I've noticed a number of articles lately, using the phrase "non-truths" (the
politically correct replacement phrase to the word liar)............... LOL

Actually I think we and the press and the public have a responsibility to
point out "disrepancies" and "non-answers".

Personally, I think there is a huge sector of the public is tired of the
political spin.  Personally, I'd like to see more of this.

I'm really tired of the politicians disrespecting the intelligence of the
public with their spin (a/k/a lies), and their non-answers to direct
questions.  I'm sick and tired of the political correctness.  Just tell the
truth, just answer the question.

Ask any politician a question that requires a yes or no answer, nothing more
nothing less.  You will not get a yes or a no out of most of them.   Many
times they will play dodge ball and not answer the question at all and start
talking about something completely different.  By the time they get done
pontificating, the person that asked the question doesn't even remember what
their question was, or is left wondering if their question was answered if
they do.  Sometimes I think they are afraid to point out the obvious, "but
you didn't answer my question" for fear of appearing stupid or something.

This isn't just at the Congress/Presidential level.  I come across this all
over, only I keep asking the simple question again and again and pointing out
that they are either avoiding answering the question or lack some mental
capacity to understand a simple question.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/20/obama-stephanopoulos-spar-definition-tax/

Assuming it is true, pulling out the dictionary on the President of the
United States in an interview is almost as 'rude' as calling him a liar,
IMO.