homestead - Re: [Homestead] Two stories about Obama and leadership

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Two stories about Obama and leadership
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:44:37 -0800

Well, I had to keep telling myself that she's his wife. They really don't "fit." She's a comedian and "looks" and talks like she belongs on Saturday Night Live. He certainly doesn't <g>

Lynda
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.

Well, I will say it before someone else does, but you can make a good
argument that both Clinton and Bush got away with cheating, stealing,
and killing. They were, however, 'called' on it, but there was no
public outcry over them being called those names. Almost every
President in my lifetime could be called a liar, a cheat, a thief, and a
murderer, depending on who you ask, and not one of them has ever really
been held responsible for it, nor have their accusers been demonized the
way Obama's accusers have been. Barack Obama is no different than his
predecessors, so why do we have to play by different rules now?

Interesting about his wife on The View.
I don't think journalism is dead, but it surely is endangered.