homestead - Re: [Homestead] Two stories about Obama and leadership

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Two stories about Obama and leadership
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 22:46:04 -0400

Well, when the Secretary of Health tells the insurance companies and
healthcare industries that they are not to print or mail anything that
is anti 'Obamacare'(referencing the bullying of Humana), and when the
National Endowment for the Arts is told they that should be promoting
the Obama agenda via the arts(i.e. your tax dollars and mine are
promoting a partisan agenda), and with the mainstream media already in
his pocket, well, I think we will see fewer and fewer investigations
into whether something is truth or non-truth. BUT, we will see more of
President Obama. He has already done almost 3 times as many interviews
as Bush or Clinton. For a "you just gotta laugh" chuckle, check out
this article:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/09/23/dan-gainor-obama-speeches-ego/

I love the jokes. Who said it was hard to find funny stuff about Obama?

Bev

Leslie wrote:
I've noticed a number of articles lately, using the phrase "non-truths" (the politically correct replacement phrase to the word liar)............... LOL

Actually I think we and the press and the public have a responsibility to point out "disrepancies" and "non-answers".

Personally, I think there is a huge sector of the public is tired of the political spin. Personally, I'd like to see more of this.

I'm really tired of the politicians disrespecting the intelligence of
the public with their spin (a/k/a lies), and their non-answers to direct questions. I'm sick and tired of the political correctness. Just tell the truth, just answer the question.

Ask any politician a question that requires a yes or no answer, nothing more nothing less. You will not get a yes or a no out of most of them. Many times they will play dodge ball and not answer the question at all and start talking about something completely different. By the time they get done pontificating, the person that asked the question doesn't even remember what their question was, or is left wondering if their question was answered if they do. Sometimes I think they are afraid to point out the obvious, "but you didn't answer my question" for fear of appearing stupid or something.

This isn't just at the Congress/Presidential level. I come across this all over, only I keep asking the simple question again and again
and pointing out that they are either avoiding answering the
question or lack some mental capacity to understand a simple
question.

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed