homestead - Re: [Homestead] Two stories about Obama and leadership

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Two stories about Obama and leadership
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:41:35 -0400

Well, I will say it before someone else does, but you can make a good
argument that both Clinton and Bush got away with cheating, stealing,
and killing. They were, however, 'called' on it, but there was no
public outcry over them being called those names. Almost every
President in my lifetime could be called a liar, a cheat, a thief, and a
murderer, depending on who you ask, and not one of them has ever really
been held responsible for it, nor have their accusers been demonized the
way Obama's accusers have been. Barack Obama is no different than his
predecessors, so why do we have to play by different rules now?

Interesting about his wife on The View.
I don't think journalism is dead, but it surely is endangered.

Lynda wrote:
Weeellllllll, DH was channel surfing this morning (too much wood
cutting yesterday) and stopped on the View and I said "Isn't that
George whats his face's wife?" And it was. Now, I don't know about
Fox but Barbara Walters said that George was the only one in the
string of interviews who actually interviewed Teflon instead of
simply letting him make his speel.

One of her statements was "George asked the hard questions."

And, it is time people called him on his B.S. AND lying! Good for
George!

Seriously, though, WHY when someone is lying shouldn't they be called
on? If you're president you get a free pass? What else do you get a
free pass on? Cheating, stealing, killing? Do we all sit down and
shut up simply because someone is elected president? Ah, that's
called a dictator!

Why isn't it rude for the White House resident to call George a liar
(you can't just make up that language and decide that that's called a
tax increase.")?

Ya know, I think the world's gone crazy! I think Gramma's rules
about honesty should apply! And I think some folks need to be taken
out behind the barn with a willow switch or get a good mouthful of
homemade soap! What happened to "your word is your bond"?

Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed
somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA