homestead - Re: [Homestead] [BULK] Texas Drought

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [BULK] Texas Drought
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:26:04 -0700 (PDT)

Yikes, that is really dry !

There are big farms around here that pull up a lot of water for irrigation.
Homes just west of the N-S Road where a number of these farms are can't pull
water up from their wells when the big farm pumps are running.  Homes on the
east side of the road can (different aquafier? or something?)

Farms use up most of the water.  But city folks could sure help by reducing
their water usage - and a way to accomplish that would be to give 30-40
gallons per person in the house water for free or next to free, and then have
a graduated scale increasing more costly for heavy water users.  Businesses
also.