homestead - Re: [Homestead] [BULK] Texas Drought

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [BULK] Texas Drought
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:50:29 -0400

Sage Austin | Eureka! Design wrote:
My husband just finished an outdoor shower last night, I'll post pics on the blog later this morning.

Hot damn! I can't wait! <G>

Since the drought (and chickens) have done away with the smaller plant life along our formerly lush creekside, we do worry about erosion should we get a flood.

The Bear Foot seeds are the answer, Chickens don't seem to like the plant at all, they grow on or near streambanks, and of course you have the seed now!

We've talked about putting in a rainwater harvesting
system in the past, but in retrospect that would have been absolutely useless to us these last 24 months.

Howso?

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA