homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <gil.white AT xplornet.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:30:04 -0800

The department of labor hands out several numbers. The "official" unemployment rate is 9.5%. HOWEVER, the Labor Dept has another figure they don't release. That is an unemployment rate of 15.8%.

HOWEVER, those still aren't "real" numbers. Add 7%.

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gil White" <gil.white AT xplornet.com>

I just hope that in 4 years the worst anyone will have to say is that his citizenship is still in question.

I suspect that many of us really don't want to live through an actual great depression. 10-15% unemployment is scary, 20-30% would take another world war to bring us out of it.

Gil