homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: Gil White <gil.white AT xplornet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:17:50 +0000 (GMT)

I'm not disagreeing with you, I was just commenting that in 4 years time I
hope we can look back and all that we have to complain about is whether or
not he legally qualified for president.

I was reading recently that up here (in Canada ) our GDP ( Gross Domestic
Product ) had slipped into the negative about 3 months ago for the first time
since the early 1990's and so far we were down something like 3% from a year
ago. It went on to mention that by comparison our GDP had dropped 30% during
the Great Depression. That's 10x worse then what were experiencing now and
implies probably two to three times whatever unemployment number you want to
use.

On the plus side, if there is such a thing, there are a number of kids and
folks in their 20's who have to do without for the first time in their lives.
If things don't get a lot worse over the next 6 months it might be a life
lesson that was needed.

Gil