homestead - Re: [Homestead] colored pasta recipe wanted

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] colored pasta recipe wanted
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:16:51 -0800

Well, I have to get canning but really need more room for storage. Over the years I've held what seems like a couple of dozen jobs (easily bored <g>) and at several had an opportunity to take home *stuff* they were replacing. I could kick myself six ways from Sunday for not "collecting junk" all those years. I'd have a lot of shelving now that I could really use!

Your talking of loosing the veggies is sort of on my to-do list. I want to put up a bunch of soups. I love chicken or turkey and veggie soups! Plus, DH and Son #3 have been talking venison already, so I need to start planning some space for that.

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

snip<

We had a minor emergency yesterday-one
that has carried over into today. DH discovered that he had left the
freezer door ajar. Luckily, it was the small freezer and not the big
one, but still I had a good bit of food in there. I have been cooking
since last night. Once it is defrosted, all you can do is cook it and
refreeze it, or can it. That is a big plus for canning,,,,,no door to
leave open,,,,no electricity to be turned off....etc. I was just
panicked because I worked all winter raising chickens, and all my
chicken was in that freezer. I did lose some veggies, but we did not
lose any meat. We were lucky.

--
"Never expect magic from no where" Baringo (Kenyan) working motto
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/