homestead - Re: [Homestead] colored pasta recipe wanted

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] colored pasta recipe wanted
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:29:24 -0400

I'm about to make the pasta salad. I've decided to skip the vinegar and sugar additions and only use a mayo-mustard combination. My only concern is the size of the pasta. I think most of these type salads are made with elbow macaroni or rotini or shells, large shaped pastas. The little alphabet/pellet shaped pasta I have is very small-not much to it. I'm going to reduce the cooking time just to make sure the pasta holds together and is not converted into an overcooked mush. I'm going to add carrots, cherry toms, chopped garlic scapes, and onion scallions and maybe some chickpeas. I'm wishing I had some fresh pak choy right now, and a can of baby shrimp. nyum nyum.. :) No such luck, though, I don't even have any fresh spinach!
--
"Never expect magic from no where" Baringo (Kenyan) working motto
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/