homestead - Re: [Homestead] potato flowers !

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] potato flowers !
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 11:49:09 -0700 (PDT)

I have 4 different potato patches.

1 is three 30 foot rows.

2 patches are in a total of 5 tire stacks.

1 other is a different potatos variety in a 50 foot row.

Except for the last patch, the other three sections were started in late
February, about 100 days ago.

All of the 40 tomato plants that were started in the cold frame got killed
(cooked, literally) when I was out of town one day.   WAHHHH !!!   Long
story.    The tomato seeds planted in the ground actually came up yesterday.
However, I'm guessing those are planted too late so I might have wasted
$1.00,  Except for one plant purchased in error, the tommatoes are all Roma
and have small 'maters on them, even with temps over 90.  However, I'm not
expecting them to do well about 4 weeks from now, baseed on the Desert
Gardening book.  We'll see.