homestead - Re: [Homestead] Decollate snails

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Decollate snails
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 20:25:25 -0800

No, we thought about it back when we were living on the coast but decided against it because no one seemed to know the end result and there have been so many problems with introducing stuff that was *supposedly* going to be helpful and then it because a bigger problem than what it was supposed to help (pampus grass comes to mind) . Then when I did some investigation, I found they are becoming a problem in some areas and have been outlawed in some states and some parts of other states. If you don't have enough snails for them (they only eat young ones, aren't predatory to adults, btw), they eat seedlings, etc.

Lynda
Members of Congress should be compelled to wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.

Has anyone ever bought and used Decollate snails against other snails
and slugs?
--
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public
debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered

--Cicero, 55 BC
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/