homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ideas

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ideas
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 07:48:26 -0400

From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

I recall that you were looking for a curved snath, so what made you
change your mind?

Also, what is your 'mowing season'?

I did some more reading, and the curved snath is usually heavier (my old curved one certainly is), and didn't seem to have any other advantage.

Lawns need to be mowed from early May to September/October. Lawns here are bluegrass, and that grows better during cool weather. Right now my neighbor mows his lawn continuously (he has 10 acres of lawn) to keep it looking perfect. Every day he's out there mowing one section or another.

I just cut my first cutting of hay. Real hay fields won't be cut for another couple of weeks, but I needed to clear certain areas. We can sometimes get three cuttings of hay if the weather works out; early June, August, and maybe one in October.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA