homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garden on the mind

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garden on the mind
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:06:58 -0700 (PDT)

Really !!  Maybe I'll plant more of those then.......... give the birds
something to do besides flying up to my windows and banging their beaks on
them looking for treats !

Somehow the Orioles have figured out that I'm the one that fills the
hummingbird feeders and the minute they are empty, come right to the window
where I sit most of the time and bang like crazy until I do a refill !!!

The Orioles will be here in about 2 weeks from what I remember from last
years.

The Hummers have arrived, and buzzed me all day today, since I was wearing a
red shirt.  Many different kinds.  The first ones, I call the Penguins,,,
since they have a black head, white ring around their neck, dark gray/green
back and wings, and a light grey chest......... little tuxedos.............
LOL.  In a few more months there will be nearly a dozen different
kinds,,,,,,,,,, and so many they line up like incoming planes to a runway at
rush hour to the 6 large feeders..... they are a riot.  But when the Orioles
are around they steal all the hummers juice....

For the past couple of weeks there have been thousands of birds on the
property.  I raked up about 2 acres of thorny weeds, and a lot of tiny seeds
fell out.... they've been having a blast eating the seeds, and I thank them
for that.  8 more acres of thorn weeds..... some time later though.

--------

“All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way.
People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes,
and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.
Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” ~ George
Orwell

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better
than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not
your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May
your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our
countrymen.”— Samuel Adams