homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garden on the mind

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garden on the mind
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:04:20 EDT

> >Hey Rob, I planted a lot of sunflower seeds in with my corn........... a
> tip from a companion planting guide..... "to fight earworm caterpillars,

I always plant sunflowers at the edge of the corn patches. I noticed the
thrice cursed crows would only destroy the outer rows of corn and I guessed
this is because they don't want to feel confined. Sure enough, if the ends
of the field are in a tight triple row of sunflowers, the crows will not go
into the corn.

James