homestead - Re: [Homestead] David vs. Goliath

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] David vs. Goliath
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:37:02 -0800

Made our once every month or so trip to the big city last week. We buy stuff like mustard, freezer paper, TP, etc. So, went to Costco and picked up a "big" jug of mustard. Well, should I say what use to be a "big" jug of mustard. The price is up and the size of the jug is half what it was 6 months ago when we bought the last one!

Then when I was flying down the isles at WINCO, I came to an end cap and almost caused a isle long cart to cart pile up wreck as I screeched to a stop because I couldn't believe what I was seeing <g> I don't buy the stuff but whether you buy certain items or not, you notice the prices. They had an end cap display of Kraft Mac & Cheese. ONE DOLLAR a box!

Won't be long before even the "middle class" will be feeling the pinch in their pocket book!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

The Klingon approach. I like it.

There will always be those who prefer the industrial waste products that pass
for food (always, that is, until they all die from it). But for actual food
consumers, times they are a changing! Have you caught the price of food in
the marts and elsewhere? It is going up at a jaw dropping pace. Not much more
of this and you can produce the retail equivalent of $10,000 in a 20' x 30'
backyard garden!

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, prepare to die!" (Klingon
proverb).