homestead - Re: [Homestead] Opinions wanted-Gurney's

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Opinions wanted-Gurney's
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:37:36 -0500

> What has your experience been with Gurney's plants?

I've had good experience. Bought several times from them. They stand
behind their plants. For fruit trees, they guarantee them for life.
Your life. I've replaced a couple of trees they sent me no questions
asked.

Tip: They usually have a $25 off an order of $50 or more. Henry Fields
is the same company, just a different name. Buy as close over $50 as
you can get. Then if you have another $50 order, take it to Henry
Fields.

I got an apple tree, a peach tree and a packet of onion seeds from
Gurneys and then 2 Chestnut trees and 40 Asparagus and a 1/2 lb of
bean seeds from Henry Fields. That leveraged the $25 off system to my
benefit.

Here is the guarantee:
"If you're not happy with one of our products, we'll replace it, give
you a credit or refund your money for the full amount of your purchase
price. All nursery stock, trees and plants are guaranteed for as long
as you garden. All seeds and merchandise are guaranteed for one full
year."

Seed for a year, if your cranberry plants don't grow, they replace
them. They have happily stood behind that for me. Replaced a pear that
died as part of the goats getting out and trampling what was left of
it in the ground after they ate it.

Rob - Va
Not a paid Gurney's rep.