homestead - Re: [Homestead] Real History & Change - for me, anyway

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Real History & Change - for me, anyway
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:25:29 -0500

I haven't been an Obama fan, as you know, but I feel so patriotic
today...today represents why so many countries emulate democracy-it is
our smooth, bloodless, transfer of power between two very different
parties/personalities. I do feel good about the historic nature of
today, and I do have hope that somehow he can affect some change. As to
all the expectations, I keep hearing about how tough it will be for him,
but really, he has a win win situation. Everything he does will be
praised as good change, a step in the right direction, and all that
fails will be blamed on the past administration/world events. His task
is so huge that even if he only accomplishes 5% of what he sets out to
do, he will be one of the most popular presidents in history. He is a
rock star. But then again, who knows what will happen? When Bush was
elected in 2000, no one was worried about his lack of experience in
foreign affairs either because everyone expected him to concentrate on
domestic issues like healthcare and education. It is the same today, I
think....Will Barack Hussein Obama be the one who can do it all?

In the ebb and flow of politics, I tell myself that we were bound to
have a Democrat in office after Bush made a mess of things. With that
change comes the soaring debt and a loss of individual rights, but that
is what the majority want, and that is what I, as a third party citizen,
must learn to adapt to. I also feel that we will actually see more war,
more troops overseas, at the end of this administration than we see
currently, just in different places. Learn your African geography, my
friends.

One of my chicks born this morning is a rooster, I know. He has rooster
personality and already sports a prominent comb. He is in the box
establishing a pecking order among the chicks. I'm calling him Barack,
in honor of the festivities ..barack, barack, barack...(say it really
fast) The funny thing is that he is a mutt chick, you could even call
him 'colored' part Rhode Island _Red_ and part _Blue_ Laced _Red_
Wyandotte pretty patriotic chick ;) Considering his past comments, the
President himself would like that joke.

Bev

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

I'm starting to feel what others (James? Bev?) were saying. That
people expect too much and are easily impressed, but it's all rock
star glitz. So far, Obama has, in my opinion, made all the "business
as usual" choices for the top positions. I don't hold out hope for
change, except for the deficit, which will soar. We'll still be
repressed, with our rights being taken away, plus we will be crippled
with debt and a bad economy. Maybe things will look brighter to me
when it isn't 3 degrees outside. :-(

Lynn Wigglesworth Tioga Co. PA

- Release Date: 1/20/2009 7:49 AM

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will
not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius

~ Calvin Coolidge