homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anti-hospital Rant

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anti-hospital Rant
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:31:42 -0500

Lynn, 'just curious because I've been through this. Has your mother given written directives? Do you and the hospital have the paperwork?

Like a Living Will? That's another source of annoyance with me. She has all the paperwork, and we had to give copies to the hospital when she was admitted in October for her masectomy. Now they want me to submit it all again because they can't find it. Geez; didn't they ever hear of filing cabinets, in alphabetical order? I don't think medical tracking is going to be a privacy concern, if this hospital is any indication. They couldn't find their butt with both hands, let alone track information on a patient.

I am happy for you that the surgery is done, and I wish you all the best.

Thanks; I have to call and find out when they are transferring her to the rehab center, then I'll go visit and get her settled in.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA