homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 05:05:27 -0800 (PST)

WHY?  The simple answer is because the fiat currencies of the world are
collapsing.

"You can not have your cake and eat it too."  The US government has promised
a lot of cake - but it already ate all the cake decades ago.  Reality comes
crashing down eventually.

I just got done reading a long article about chaos and change by Dr. Petrov,
from the Prince Sultan University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.  It is long but very
good... and to sum it up, the global monetary system is at a critical
juncture, fast approaching a breakpoint - the point where the whole system
either explodes or implodes at lightning speed - it is a chaos transition
point.

People like the blacksmith you mentioned sense the unfolding chaos.  They
know something is wrong, but don't know what.  Just about everyone alive
today has lived under a lie - under a fiat money system.  They have no basis
of reasoning - no knowledge - to understand the lie, acknowledge it is a lie,
and that the reality of the outcome of the lie is responsible for the
unfolding chaos they sense.

Attempts to educate people about the lie are meet with denial of reality -
because people want to have their cake and eat it too.  They do not
understand the piece of paper in their wallets is worth more as toilet paper
- it is not wealth in any form.

They just know something is wrong.  Without a basis of economics, or an
understanding of the function of money (both the lies of fiat currency and
that outcome, and the gold standard and the morality required to uphold it),
irrational explanations are given - such as the belief that a comet is on the
way and the government knows it - as an attempt to explain that which they
either don't understand, certainly were never taught, or refuse to believe if
one makes an attempt to explain it to them.

The reason the government is spending money out of control - is quite simple.
The government politicians made trillions in promises long term to citizens
for their short term political gains.  The bills are coming due (in the form
of Treasuries maturing) and they didn't save the money to pay.... therefore
they print the money out of thin air.

The real estate and other bubbles didn't happen by accident either.  Pension
funds (government and private) need to get a 6% return (promised).... but
when "safe" interest rates on Treasuries are low (i.e. 1% back in the
Greenspan days) the fund managers MUST resort to riskier investments, which
then snowballs.

In an attempt to keep the party going, the misguided Fed is printing money to
bail-out everyone that they favor.  Ha, GMAC was bailed out, and became a
bank.  GMAC borrows from the Fed at 1/4% interest, and loans out $ at
0%............. hello, guaranteed 1/4% loss on the interest spread
alone....... is this logical???  It is a bankrupt idea of fools.

The snowball has grown to the size that the government can not prevent
collapse,,,, but I seriously doubt that more than a handful of our electeds
have any understanding of the monetary forces in play.

You wrote the man you spoke about indicated:  "The powers that be
won't alert the public and cause mass panic, but since the
'discovery' was made, there has been an attitude of apathy develop about the
problems in this country.  He did not think that everyone guilty of
apathy or dishonesty was in on the secret, but that over time the crap
has risen to the surface because no one wants to put in the energy to
fix problems.  "

True - the government will not alert the public - if they did it would be
game over instantly, and the politicians would lose their perceived power.
And mass panic - definitely.

What was discovered?  Their unsound monetary concepts failed.

In on the secret?  They don't even recognize the source of the problem.

Fix the problems?  Oh they are trying tons of ways to fix the unfixable....
If they would acknowledge the problem is not fixable they would put their
energy into return to a system that works.  They will never choose the path
that requires voluntarily.  Only through natural economic forces will it be
forced on the government.... chaos and collapse of the existing system.