homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:48:16 -0800

Son #3 used to routinely attend public school for a couple of months here
and there so he could play on the football and basketball teams. Sooner or
later, some teacher would make the mistake of asking the class questions
about Custer's Last Stand. And regular as clock work someone would think
they were being cleaver by asking "how many survived at Little Big Horn"
expecting to get in the horse answer. Son #3 loved to answer with the
actual number and then the war was on! You'd be amazed at how many history teachers believe that no white men survived (52 white men, 1 Indian scout) Little Big Horn! AND, they also believe that only one horse, the enfamous Comanche, survived when records indicate that over 30 cavalry, over 15 American Horse camp horses and various others that were rounded up or were later sold/traded by Indians.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>