homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:54:41 -0500

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

I've found that once the temps get below about 10 degrees, it all feels the same to me. The difference between 20 and 30 degrees is like night and day to me, but.10, 0, -10...I can't tell the difference. I just went out to give hay to the animals and bring up a load of wood, and I put on too many layers. It's 11 degrees, but I was sweating. Better than being cold, though; it takes me longer to warm up as I get older. Here's where hot flashes came in handy; last year I was walking around in a tee shirt saying "Is it hot in here?"

I loaded the porch this morning when it was 33 and didn't wear a coat-just my sweats and my hoodie. The humidity is about 30% and it did not even feel cold. Had I not looked at the temp, I would have thought it was about 55 degrees as like you, I broke a sweat.
It's a beautiful day.

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge