homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:09:13 -0500

Lynda wrote:
Who knows. There are so many factors. If the U.S. crumbles, then it will be a domino effect.

I wonder. When the USSR collapsed, not much happened. It was almost as if it collapsed on paper, as the doors were still open for business.

While some folks think China will rise up, I don't
because they depend on sales to the U.S. and other countries that will fall because the U.S. fell. Plus countries such as Israel, So. Korea, etc. will fall. Perhaps a modern equivalent of the Dark Ages?

I'll be thinking about this today.
Like you say, there's not much we can do, except 'press on'<g>
--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge