homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:12:53 -0500

I'm not sure whether or not you are being serious or sarcastic, but humans do cause a lot of disaster. There are some who believe the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami was caused by oil drilling near the fault offshore. The other day, I found that article about geysers and how geothermal drilling has disrupted the geysers.(or did I just send that one to Sandy)

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
That's a really interesting theory. It's like life imitating a disaster movie. My son loves them and has seen them all, and the government always knows about (and often caused) the problem long before they tell the public. Did they create weather supercells or did they slow down the core of the earth? Or maybe some biological weapon has gotten away from them? Endless possibilities for disaster.

Lynn Wigglesworth

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge