homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:41:40 -0500

What is your weather. The news is sayimng s "shocking" cold front throughout the midwest; I know you are NE , but ...............

It's cold; the 'shocking' cold hasn't hit yet. It was a bit shocking this morning because I rolled out of my warm bed and went out to shovel the front walk so the little darlings wouldn't have to walk through snow to the bus (we got another 3-4 inches last night). According to the thermometer on the porch it was 5 degrees. We often get that at night, but for the next few days, that might be the high for the day. That's life in the frozen north...we usually get at least one blast of that each winter. My house is actually warmer than usual because I turned on the main furnace to add a little heat to the basement so the pipes won't freeze (they are insulated, but don't have heat tape...good to maybe 20 degrees)..

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA