homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chinampas

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chinampas
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 07:22:32 -0500

Bev: <<<<"You really should qualify that with 'Wealthy people" because the poor don't have any money to invest." >>>>

Gold/silver is only for after things needed to survive IMO. If I hit the lotto tomorrow, I'd still be first buying tons of gardenings, food storage, solar, better land, weapons, etc.
--
Most of us are still at that point...paying off our mortgages, making improvements. I don't think you will find many homesteaders with any money to invest anywhere, except for things essential for the homestead. That's why the whole discussion about gold is irrelevant (to me, at least).

Lynn Wigglesworth