homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chinampas

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chinampas
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:54:59 -0500

Well, I did not really finish my thought on that...I believe what I
wrote, that the wealthy are resource hogs, but I should add that it
doesn't affect the way I live. My nose in too abraded by the
grindstone, so to speak. I only write what makes sense to me from my
peasant perspective. I really don't have time to waste, nor do I want
to give any energy to figuring out how the king might swindle people so
that he can continue to live in his castle with his hand-maidens. I
know that is probably not PC to not worry about the hand-maidens or
servants, but I have all I can handle paying my taxes and tithes to my
feudal lord, the mortgage company. They own me, but there is nothing I
can do. I know the king(the nobility) is wealthy, but all I can do is
gather my wood, hoe my corn, and put my house in order. I have no time
to think about how the king will live when the feudal system crashes. I
have no desire to be nobility, or to be king. I am just a simple man
(poeetic license there<g>) who gets his hands dirty and tries to clean
up in the presence of the lord so that I can pay my taxes and tithes and
be left alone.
The hardest working are those closest to the ground-the dirt farmers,
and they don't have far to fall. I know the king/nobility lives off my
labor, but I have accepted that. I isolate myself as much as possible,
free ranging on my own, but I know that eventually, that rooster(the
cocky king) is going to rip the feathers out of by back as he mounts.<G>
I just try to reduce the number of times that happens.

Bev

bobf wrote:

Sure, 'some' of the 'wealthy' will fall. But the percentages of those
who work hard for what they have will be 'much' higher among those who fall. And, the hardest working will fall the hardest.

There are books being written right now, I imagine, showing how to profit from the upcoming collapse. It takes capital to do anything. So the ones to profit, in large, will be the ones who already have capital. It matters not if something is good or bad, right or wrong,
when you are determining reality. Reality just

I just don't see the wealthy starving anymore, because they have the
means to move and import. They are resource
hogs...gleaners...never providing for themselves... In the old days,
they died when the support was removed, but today, they would just
move on to the next third world country to build/develop/exploit
that....no collapse of the wealth, no cannibalism due to hunger...

"The world is my country, all mankind are my
brethren, and to do good is my religion."
Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)