homestead - Re: [Homestead] Visit to an Earthship !

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Visit to an Earthship !
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:21:38 -0500

It is carbon dioxide, which is heavier than air. It simply displaces
the air in the bucket, pushing it out. Less air, less spoilage. Less
air, living, air breathing critters (even eggs) suffocate.

I put my grain in half-gallon mason jars and put it in the freezer for a few days. I've been told that freezing also kills any bugs/eggs. Does anyone know if that's true? I've never seen any bugs in my stored grain.

Lynn Wigglesworth