homestead - Re: [Homestead] Visit to an Earthship !

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Visit to an Earthship !
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:51:57 -0800

Haven't the faintest. They sell them at the LDScatelog.com site. I do the freeze and then dry can method, so haven't had occasion to use them.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

What are the oxygen removing packets that the LDS sell? Are they CO2
packets? I've considered having a cylinder of CO2 on hand for various
stuff that I don't use often but would like to store at room
temperature.

I haven't looked into the cost, though.

Regarding chemical sensitivity, anyone who has exposure to chemicals
can become sensitive. One of my sisters has worked with ag chemicals
for many years, and she has symptons just from walking through the
produce section in a grocery store. I, of course, have been set off by
the new carpeting at work (i'm doing some better but resigned to
having a higher level of sensitivity -- at least I can go home to my
150-year-old housethat don't have no stinkin' carpet, new or
otherwise).