homestead - Re: [Homestead] Visit to an Earthship !

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Visit to an Earthship !
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:30:40 -0500

Lynda wrote:

And that would be why I have a life time supply of old big pickle jars <g>

This doesn't work for putting stuff in the oven, but for storing dried goods like mushrooms or rice or grits or such, those gallon sized plastic jars that pretzels come in work great. I use them as cookie jars, store dog biscuits, mushrooms, dried fruit, jerky, etc.
I only have 3 gallon sized glass jars...a fourth is full of pickles<G>.

"The world is my country, all mankind are my
brethren, and to do good is my religion."
Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)