homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cold weather, again, coming for some

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cold weather, again, coming for some
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:41:01 -0500

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

For the record, I have no doubt that climate change is occurring. It always does. There is a huge history of it in the fossil record. I don't buy the argument that WE are causing it, especially when you weight the argument that a single Mount Pinatubo(?) eruption puts more particulates and gases into the air than mankind has in his ENTIRE HISTORY. I also find it most interesting that Mars seems to be
experiencing global warming, as is Venus. My SUV undoubtedly causes that, too.

Now, does this mean I oppose arguments that we need to husband resources more carefully?? No. But don't force things on me because of fear and panic of mindless drones who fear the sky is falling.

Ray

I am inclined to think like you do, Ray. I believe that many times we
see a 'problem' and decide to do A, B, and C to fix it. It is the same
argument we make with Western med vs. Eastern Medicine... The western
view is to say we have global warming because of this, this, and this,
but we really need to take a step back, and look at the whole body, the
big picture, the whole body (physical and spiritual) the whole solar
system, to understand what might be happening.
We need a paradigm shift in thought...from something as simple as what
James alluded to (that we need bike paths and light rail, not more
roads) to we need to make concise, integrated, thoughtful moves into the
future, not just create more problems for ourselves down the road.

"The world is my country, all mankind are my
brethren, and to do good is my religion."
Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)