homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cold weather, again, coming for some

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cold weather, again, coming for some
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 07:10:37 -0800 (PST)

Can't you draw potable water and then put antifreeze in your pipes for a
couple of nights to keep those from freezing? Or maybe put a space heater
next to the basement valve? I have no idea what it is like to live as cold
as what you are describing. I have been in cold, snow, and ice in sevral
places, in my life. One winter in Virginia was the worst. I would not live,
by preference, any colder than what I experienced there. The high today,
here, is projected at 70 degrees -- But-- wait until our hellish summer wqhen
you are nice and comfy. There are always trade-offs ....good luck to