homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hatching Round 3

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hatching Round 3
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 14:24:09 -0500

I spent the rest of that night listening to wave files of
wildlife, and I can tell you that I heard the 'impossible'. I heard a
mountain lion, not a bobcat. There are not supposed to be any
cougars/panthers/mountain lions around here, according to the DNR.

They say that here, too, but many people have seen/heard them. The sound, from what I understand, is so identifiable that it can't be anything else.

A few years ago, we awoke to the oddest animal sound I've ever heard. I sounded like a woman screaming, but not quite human. I think it was a North American Marten, or Fisher Cat as they are called here.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA