homestead - Re: [Homestead] medication / supplement combos and danger

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] medication / supplement combos and danger
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 18:54:15 +0000

Astragalus is one of the few herbs I cannot grow, or at least don't think I
can grow, that I will buy. It's such a good herb for building a strong immune
system and as far as i know, doesn't have intereraction issues. And on top of
all that, it doesn't even taste nasty, lol.

Slippery elm is another good herb that can be incorporated as food or food
additive, or regular tea. My daughter has GERD, and can get very very painful
at times for her. The docs all want her to take prilosec or the other acid
reducing herb, and slippery elm has proven to be much more helpful at
relieving symptoms and can even help heal damage caused by her stomach acids,
and can prevent long term damage or even cancer. It grows here, plus I buy it
until I have enough of our own put up.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)