homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dr. Dr. Give me some news....

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dr. Dr. Give me some news....
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:57:22 -0700

On Dec 23, 2008, at 12:46 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

We have very hard water here, everyone is on a well in this karst limestone
valley. We all may be getting a bit too much calcium and phosphorus.
I'm not sure right now what the solution to that would be other than
buying bottled water, which is a thought that is repulsive to me. I
like my hard well water, my very own mineral water, and if those
minerals really are causing a problem, I need to figure out what I
should be doing.

I passed a kidney stone about 25 years ago, from trying a high-yogurt diet. Worst pain I have ever experienced by far--was near sobbing at the doc's office.

All karst water is very high in dissolved minerals. At Heartwood we use a distiller. We get all the minerals we need from fruits and veggies.

My personal belief is that hard water causes people more problems than kidney stones.