homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Dr. Dr. Give me some news, now bad behavior in the medical field

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Dr. Dr. Give me some news, now bad behavior in the medical field
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 14:58:14 -0500

sjc wrote:

This is exactly the kind of stuff I referenced in a post gone
by.....and common. It seems these folks are so used to having it
their way ($$$$) that we shouldn't ever dare impede them...

Exactly. Elitism in action. They don't think they are God's gift to
medicine, they think they are God, and brow beat you if you don't kneel
before them.

In almost all states the optometrist/ophthalmologist must provide you
with your prescription and the optician you last saw must provide
you with the physical measurements needed for visual corrections ON
YOUR REQUEST.

You can also get someone else to make them; they are simple measurements, not rocket science. Here's what I did, in Maine, but doesn't matter the state

Apparently, an ophthalmologist only has to provide the prescription and
not the measurements. An optometrist would have to do both. My
doctor's attitude was that taking such measurements was beneath him,
something a tech (or optometrist) could do. It just ticks me off that
in addition to what I paid to him yesterday, I will now how to may an
optometrist another fee for yet another eye exam to get the measurements
I need to send off. Grrr. I suppose there is always a price to pay,
either in time, money, or aggravation.

Oh, and SusanJane, at the birthday party over the weekend, I was talking
to my daughter's MIL and she is also using Zenni Optical-she has two
friends who have also been satisfied customers.

People/behaviors like this make me embarrassed to have ever been a
part of the medical system. I report every one now, and I wish
everyone else did.

I understand. I get the same feeling when I hear about or see a bad cop.

The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men
asked a woman for directions and followed them, allowing them to arrive
at their destination.