homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economioc Doomsday -- The Navy

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economioc Doomsday -- The Navy
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:31:17 -0800 (PST)

Anybody notice that he didn't mention direction the implications for the US
citizens, for which the Navy is supposed to be protecting?

--- On Fri, 12/19/08, bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

Indeed. So, what are the ramifications for the Navy? On one hand, immediate
examples seem to be decreased operating and maintenance funds, long-term
impact
on acquisitions and perhaps even a surge in seaborne instability, like piracy
and smuggling. On the other hand, with a global economic crunch potential peer
competitors like China and Russia would also be slowed. The possibilities seem
endless, so what say you?