homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economioc Doomsday -- The Navy

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economioc Doomsday -- The Navy
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 23:23:39 -0800

At 12/19/2008 09:45 PM,EarthNSky wrote:

bobf wrote:
> I just ran across this from a lecture for The Navy. The most
> interesting , to me, is " The Alternate-Dollar Nightmare "
<snip>
> Thursday, December 18, 2008
>
> The Navy Discussing Economic Doomsday
>
> The Navy and the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Policy
> sponsored a policy discussion yesterday focusing on the national
> security implications of the financial crisis. The featured speaker
> was James Rickards, the Senior Managing Director for Market
> Intelligence at Omnis, an applied research organization. As reported
> in Politico, the four doomsday scenarios Mr. Rickards is focusing on
> are:

This Rickards guy is just a bundle of sunshine, isn't he.
I do wonder what chess game he is playing, and how his job politics
might play into all of this fear...

It was a 'what if' game and when he started using government unemployment numbers I had to step back. I have a general lack of trust in the government unemployment numbers.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net