homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economioc Doomsday -- The Navy

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economioc Doomsday -- The Navy
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 00:45:57 -0500

bobf wrote:
I just ran across this from a lecture for The Navy. The most
interesting , to me, is " The Alternate-Dollar Nightmare "
<snip>
Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Navy Discussing Economic Doomsday

The Navy and the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Policy
sponsored a policy discussion yesterday focusing on the national
security implications of the financial crisis. The featured speaker
was James Rickards, the Senior Managing Director for Market
Intelligence at Omnis, an applied research organization. As reported
in Politico, the four doomsday scenarios Mr. Rickards is focusing on
are:

This Rickards guy is just a bundle of sunshine, isn't he.
I do wonder what chess game he is playing, and how his job politics might play into all of this fear...

The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men
asked a woman for directions and followed them, allowing them to arrive
at their destination.