homestead - Re: [Homestead] out of the blue

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] out of the blue
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:54:36 EST

> > I've hated
> that plant for years; it's nice to know it has some good use.

You mean burdock in general, not a specific plant against which you have a
grudge, eh? It's an annual. If it even begins to mature seeds, they will
survive. Like the Terminator, it will be baaaaack!

I have made up a lot of new swear words to describe burdock, but I have to
give it credit for something: When it comes up in profusion in the garden
and
is pulled up young, it seems to have dredged up the most wonderful array of
nutrients from deep in the ground. Burdock compost is really fertile.

James