homestead - Re: [Homestead] wood stoves

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wood stoves
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 07:36:41 -0500

>just missed getting an old narrow two burner woodstove in the fall, it was
>an "apartment model" all in white enamel (I'm sure the old-timey general
>store catalogs have similar ones). I got to the thrift store a few minutes
>too late to snag it, dang. <

I'm looking for a stove for when I redo the kitchen here. I have my
eyes on an old Homecomfort cook stove, but it's really bigger than
what I have space for.

What you mention above is like what we had when I was a kid. They took
to old cook stove out of the kitchen and put this one in. It was
taller than the Vogelzang, tall enough to be just right to cook on. It
was narrow, two burners, white enamel sides and you load the wood in
the front. My dad got it used in the 70s, so I would think it was made
sometime between then and the 50s.

I'd really, really like one of those. I've searched the internet, just
to find a picture of one, so I could see the name, etc. It's hard to
search something that you don't know what it's called.

If I got the Vogelzang or one like it, I'd build a stand for it so I
could comfortably cook on it.

Rob - Va