homestead - Re: [Homestead] wood stoves

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wood stoves
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:01:54 -0500

I was using Craigslist helper and found another one of those skinny
stoves like when I was a kid:

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/for/965085713.html

I also found this really nice looking stove that is in daily use:

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/hsh/951445630.html

That is a really nice looking stove and it is feasible, because I have
a friend going to DC next weekend. I could lend my truck and have him
pick it up.

This stove has a copper hot water box. The other one does not.

What is with the hot water box? You manually fill it and then take out
hot water as you need it? I think that might be a good feature. I
always have a pot of water on top of the Franklin stove.

Rob - Va