homestead - Re: [Homestead] Building codes

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Building codes
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:59:09 -0800 (PST)

Lynn wrote:  "What I figured out is that if someone doesn't want to
homestead, having
them around makes everyone miserable. I'm divorced "

NOW AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH !!

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:59:17 -0800 (PST)
From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [Homestead] the most TERRIBLE day in the history of US farming
--DailyKos- NAIS

>From today's DailyKos-- USDA/ Amish? NAIS/ Vilsack

Excerpt:

Today is the most TERRIBLE day in the history of US farming

by Scaredhuman

Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 03:51:36 AM PST

No, I am not referring to Obama selecting Vilsack for the USDA though it is a
blatant betrayal not only of his promise of sustainable agriculture but of
"change" and "grassroots" anything. Vilsack is a Monsanto lackey.
http://www.organicconsumers.org/...

and I believe the hand of the Clintons is heavy in this.
http://www.localforage.com/...

Scaredhuman's diary :: ::
No, the choice of Vilsack for USDA, though, casts an even darker shadow over
the day.

For today the state of Wisconsin at the behest of the USDA drags an Amish
farmer named Emmanuel Miller to court for obeying his religious principles.

Perhaps this moment will begin to intimate how the USDA has been operating
and why the head of the USDA has become not a political choice but actually
life and death for American farmers.

Mr. Miller is due in court today, this Wed. Dec. 17th, at 3:00 pm, at the
Clark County Court House, 517 Court St. Neillsville, WI, for his initial
court appearance
Family Farm Defenders is encouraging food sovereignty advocates to appear in
court in Neillsville to express their solidarity with the Amish farmer being
targeted by the State of Wisconsin in its first effort to enforce mandatory
premises registration, stage one of the controversial National Animal
Identification System (NAIS). ......................

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/12/17/63219/619