homestead - Re: [Homestead] Building codes

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Building codes
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:42:09 EST

> > Fire insurance wouldn't do us a lot of good, because we're too far
> > out for fire trucks to help other than to put out the forest if it
> > catches on fire because of a house fire.

I'm jumping in here not having read the rest of the thread.

When we went to insure the house, I was rather sure we would not be able to
get fire insurance. The agent (Herself's cousin) said it was no problem.
The
company (State Farm) had determined that they paid out relatively little due
to fire claims and they didn't care so much about it any more.

James