homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cherry question

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cherry question
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 16:00:47 -0800 (PST)

Lynn, something to consider with what you wrote below. I have land where
people wnated to do things ; as an owner you can 'not' give permission
without becoming liable. Now, if someone wants to sit on my land , with
theri kids and fish or hunt or go swimming, I don't care, I'm glad it is
being enjoyed. But, if they ask my permission, I have to say no so as not to
be liable, legally. It is stupid and wrongheaded, and I have let people know
'not' to ask my permission; I can not forbid something about which I do not
know. So, you might consider that aspect when you are asking around about
picking from old orchards. Me, I think I would just go knock on the door or
talk to the neighbors; I'll bet you get 'semi'

--- On Sun, 12/14/08, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

We have many, many old orchards here that are just left to go wild. One of my
plans is to get permission to prune and tend one of them in return for the
apples...sometimes it's hard to find the