homestead - Re: [Homestead] deer hunting

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] deer hunting
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:41:25 -0700

On Dec 10, 2008, at 9:32 AM, keith bellinger wrote:

A gray squirrel almost ran up my
leg this morning. A grouse in full ruff strutted across my path the
other day. I almost dropped my rifle and chased a small flock of turkey
poults they were so close. :)

Food or fun. It's a choice.

Do deer hunting for fun. Sounds like you are getting what you are paying for.

If you want venison for food, get it as old-time homesteaders got it. You know what I mean.